01 02 03 Beth's Beauty Blog: Blog Update and My Valentine's Day Look 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

Blog Update and My Valentine's Day Look

34
As Valentine's Day is this weekend, I wanted to do a little bit of a make up tutorial and show you what make up I will be wearing. Also, I just wanted to start this post off with a quick update of my blog. I know that my posts are a bit all over the place and there is no set schedule. As I've said a couple of times, this year I really want to focus on my blog and make it a lot better so I've decided I'm going to try and do a schedule. I will be posting twice a week and the posts will go up on a Tuesday and a Friday. It will probably be Tuesday early afternoon and Friday nights, depending on the times I'm working each week, otherwise it will be Tuesday night and Friday night.

So to start this look off I'm just applying the L'oreal Infallible Mattifying Base Primer. I have already cleansed and moisturised so I won't show you that. I like this primer but I definitely prefer the Emite Make Up Diamond Heart Base Primer.
My foundation is of course the Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation in 52 Vanilla. This has been my favourite foundation for a while now so I really need to try out some other foundations. I then used the Naked Skin Concealer from Urban Decay to brighten up underneath my eyes and down the middle of my nose. This concealer is so good for highlighting these areas, it is definitely the best concealer that I have tried. I used my Real Techniques Complexion Sponge and my Mini Beauty Blenders the blend these out. Finally I set all of this with my Rimmel Stay Matte Powder.
L'oreal Infallible Primer, Bourjois Foundation,
Naked Skin Concealer & Rimmel Stay Matte 
I then put the Original Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion on my eyelids and set this using the 'White Chocolate' Shade from my Too Faced Chocolate Bar Palette. I am just using this shade as I don't have a shade like this in the palette I'm using for this look but you can use whatever to set the Primer. Whilst I'm waiting for that to set, I'm just going to carry on doing my face make up.
Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion
For my Contour, I am using the Seventeen Define & Conquer Contour Kit, I've had this for ages but only ever used the highlighting shade but after using this for this make up look, I really like the contour shade too and I will definitely be using this kit more often. I have of course used the Mary-Lou Manizer from theBalm for my highlight. This is definitely my favourite highlighter of all time. I just put this on the tops of my cheekbones and the tip of my nose. I am also using theBalm's Hot Mama Blush, just to add a little bit of pink to my cheeks.
Seventeen Define & Conquer, Mary-Lou Manizer & Hot Mama!
Then onto my eyes, I am just using the Barry M Kohl Pencil in Black to tightline my eyes and I am using the 35T Morphe Palette the create this eye look. This is definitely becoming my new favourite palette and every time I use eyeshadows from here, they stay on all day and people always ask me what colours I'm wearing. As the shades in the Morphe Palettes don't have names, I will point to the shades I am using.
Barry M Kohl Pencil & 35T Morphe Palette
So first I am using this Pinky/Purpley shade to just put all over my lids and I used the Zoeva 232 Luxe Classic Shader Brush to do this.

I then used this darker purple shade at the bottom of the palette to go into the crease with the darken up the look. I used the Zoeva 228 Luxe Crease Brush to do this. This shade is very dark and very pigmented so if you want to create this look yourself, put a little bit on at first and then blend it out and keep adding some more colour if you want the look to be darker.

I have then gone over pretty much the whole lid apart from the inner corner with this pink sparkly shade using the shader brush. As these colours are so pigmented, I just pat the colour onto my lid, go in and blend it in to the other shades and then add more and just keep patting it onto my lid until I am happy with the look. I then put some of that same sparkly pink shade underneath my eye. You can then add eyeliner however as I don't have a liquid eyeliner and only have pencils ones, I'm not adding any eyeliner to this look but it would make the look a little more dramatic.

I have then used my Nars Audacious Mascara and gone back into my eye with the highlighter I used before just to highlight underneath my eyes. For my lips I am using Mac Half 'n Half which is such a pretty nude colour as I didn't want to go over the top with the lips and wanted to keep the look quite simple.
Nars Audacious Mascara & Mac Half 'n Half
To finish the look, I used the Urban Decay All Nighter Make Up Setting Spray just to keep all of the make up in place for the night. And this is the final look, I hope you liked this post and feel free to leave links to any of your blog posts showing me your Valentine's Day Looks.

Labels: , , ,

35 36 37 38